The Conference Grants are exclusively reserved for PhD students and post-docs up to 8 years after PhD with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC, details see in Vademecum, page 7) participating in the Action. The applicant shall make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and shall be listed in the official event/conference program. The main subject of the oral presentation/poster presentation/speech at the approved conference shall be on the topic of the Action and shall acknowledge COST (see Section 10 of Vademecum). The participation of each applicant shall be pre-approved by the Action MC.
The applicant will complete the online form in the e-COST system containing the following information (details see also in INCLUSIVENESS TARGET COUNTRIES (ITC) CONFERENCE GRANTS User guide):
- General information about Conference with link to its website;
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of main publications;
- Short description of applicant’s involvement in Action (including related WGs and studied topics);
- Abstract submitted to the conference (with information about Cost Action CA19110 supporting this work);
- Acceptance letter of abstract issued by conference organizers or International Scientific Committee of the given conference;
- Conference Grant details (the attendance at the conference must start and end during the same Grant Period (GP). If a GP is not active, the applicant will not be able to submit an application;
- Bank details;
- Financial support;
- Supporting documents including a Motivation letter and a Supporting letter signed by the supervisor.
After evaluation by STSMs/ITCCG coordinator, the grant holder will send an official letter confirming the grant.
Note: Conferences are planned long in advance. If you plan to go to the conference in the next budget period, complete all materials in advance with the exception of e-COST documents for the preliminary evaluation. This will also be helpful for future budget planning. The number of grants will be limited, so high quality of research is expected.
The grantee will complete a brief report (template available here). The grantee must complete this template and save it in pdf before uploading it in e-COST no later than 30 days after the conference.
After report evaluation by STSMs/ITCCG coordinator, the grant holder will complete payment of the grant.